An electrical fire broke out at an East York apartment on the morning of Feb. 8, forcing an evacuation of about 30 people from their homes.
Word of the two-alarm blaze at 1162 Danforth Ave., just west of Greenwood Avenue, reached fire fighters at 12:06 a.m., according to District Fire Chief Stephan Powell.
The fire started on the second floor and spread towards the roof, Powell said.
It took firefighters 20 minutes to get the blaze under control.
The blaze is estimated to have caused between $10,000 and 40,000 in damages.
Although there were no injuries, a dog reportedly died in the fire.
About this article: