Aug. 21–Sept. 7: Attend the CNE without leaving home
Iconic exhibition continues online for more than two weeks
Toronto’s end of summer tradition, the Canadian National Exhibition, continues in a new way this year — coming to life online from Aug. 21 to Sept. 7.
The new CNE At Home online portal can be accessed through TheEx.com, and will share some of its most popular shows, favourite food recipes, tricks of the trade from buskers, historical retrospectives, new music performances and more.
To help celebrate the launch of the virtual CNE, Canadian comedian Howie Mandel shares his affection for the event and his memories of working at the CNE Midway in a taped video message.
The CNE has created interactive and engaging content for all ages, encompassing the quintessential CNE experience including:
- CNE Jam sessions online featuring Toronto bands and artists
- Gaming Garage powered by AMD online tournaments with cash prizes and giveaways up for grabs (Aug. 21–23)
- Rising Star Youth Competition and online voting
- “How To” tutorials to learn how to busker and make some favourite dishes from the CNE such as 99 Cent Spaghetti and Rainbow Grilled Cheese
- Virtual rides, ghost walks, and retrospective specials, including a look back at the history of the CNE Grandstand (Bandshell), Best Of the Aerial Acrobatic & Ice Skating Shows and President’s Choice SuperDogs
- Commemoration the 99th Annual Warriors’ Day Parade with a look back at its history (Aug. 22)
- Virtual edition of the Canadian International Air Show (Sept. 5–7).
Patrons can support the CNE Foundation’s community and youth programs by purchasing CNE Foundation 50/50 Tickets (three for $5; 10 for $10; 60 for $20).
Persons purchasing tickets during the planned fair dates have a chance to win one of two Hotel X Toronto Staycation Packages, even if they don’t win the 50/50 Cash Grand Prize. To purchase tickets, visit CNEF5050.com.
More information at TheEx.com.
About this article: