This fall marks the return of regular recreation programming for Toronto, where COVID-19 has impacted programming since March 2020.
Registration for fall recreation programs beginning Oct. 16 and for December holiday programs starts at 7 a.m. on the following dates:
- Saturday, September 25 – Etobicoke York and Scarborough
- Tuesday, September 28 – North York and Toronto and East York
Weekly group classes and workshops are available for a variety of programs for all ages including arts, fitness and wellness, general interest, skating, sports, swimming, virtual programming as well as December holiday programs.
The provincial proof of vaccination and valid identification will be in place for participants, visitors and spectators at indoor areas of fitness centres for ages 12 and older, organized sports and other programs for ages 18 and older, and spectators 12 years and older and their caregivers.
Some exceptions include:
- children under 12 years old
- participants under 18 years in organized sport
- medical exceptions with a written document from a medical doctor or registered nurse
- patrons entering the facility solely for washroom use, to make a payment or register for a program
The quickest way to register for recreation programs is online. Phone registration will also be available at 416-396-7378. Five community centre locations will be open on registration dates for in-person registration support, and Wi-Fi will be available for residents that may want to bring their own electronic devices to the in-person registration sites.
Residents require a family and client number to sign up for recreation programs. Clients can set up their family account online. Once completed, your family and client number will be emailed to you.
How to register:
- Step 1: Find your registration start date
- Step 2: Create or manage your account
- Step 3: Search for and choose your specific programs
- Step 4: Register for programs and pay
About this article: