Local businesses in the Beach are inviting community members to explore this year’s Winter Stations theme, “Beyond the Five Senses,” with some unique art pop-ups.
The events take place Sundays from Feb. 23 to March 22 at 1961 Queens St. E. (the former Whitlocks Restaurant).
They’re free but registration is online. See the East End Arts website for more information and registration.
The themed workshops are:
- “SEE” — Feb. 23, 1–4 p.m., Photography on the Beach with Diana Nazareth
- “TASTE” — March 1, 1–4 p.m., Drag, Food & Aesthetics Workshop with Mikiki
- “SMELL” — March 8, 1–4 p.m., Beach Bath & Wild Foraging Workshop with North Shore Apothecary
- “HEAR” — March 15, 1–4 p.m., Local Live Music Performance with Artery Collective
- “TOUCH” — March 22, 1–4 p.m,. Felt Sculpture Workshop with Wendy Anderson
The pop-ups program is presented by The Beach Village BIA, East End Arts, Beaches-East York councillor Brad Bradford’s Office, and Winter Stations.
About this article: